Making sure food is close at hand for those in need.
As of January 2018, the Pantry has stocked Emergency Boxes at 25 locations across the Gunnison Valley.
“Emergency Food is a fantastic idea. We can help local residents as well as others passing through town.”
– Captain Chris Wilson, Gunnison Police Department
These boxes come in individual, and family size and provide enough food for three-days, with minimal cooking necessary to prepare items. When you are down on your luck, and hunger strikes, you can be in an emergency situation if you cannot access food. The Pantry is here to help! Boxes are located at community service locations that someone seeking helping would likely visit. Those seeking help could be a community member or someone just passing through.
Boxes are stocked almost entirely from community donations of food. To learn more about the program, donate food items, get involved or to request your place of business to be an Emergency Box location, email email@example.com.
Emergency Box Locations:
- Gunnison County Depart. of Health & Human Services
- Gunnison County Senior Resources
- Gunnison County Juvenile Services
- Gunnison County Sheriff’s Office
- Gunnison Police Department
- Gunnison County Detention Center
- Colorado Workforce Center
- Center for Mental Health
- Six Points Evaluation and Training
- Lighthouse Pregnancy Center
- Project Hope of Gunnison Valley
- Gunnison Visitors Center
- Bethany Baptist Church
- Community Church of Gunnison
- Rocky Mountain Christian Ministries
- St. Peter’s Catholic Church
- NuVista Credit Union
- Gunnison High School
- Crested Butte Visitors Center
- Crested Butte Library
- CBMR Employment Office
- Crested Butte Marshall’s Office
- Mt. Crested Butte Police Department
- Almont Resort
- Three Rivers Resort & Outfitting